Training Date & Closing Date for Eye Learn Internship Programme
2 September 2019 – 29 November 2019
Closing date for application:
15 August 2019
Upcoming TRAINING COURSE
2 September – 29 November 2019
is affiliated with various optometric practices nationally and offer you the opportunity to apply for the training programme and internship. If your application is successful, we guarantee placement at a handpicked optometric practice for a fixed period. Once you completed the training programme, you get placed within 0-8 weeks at a practice in your region for the internship programme. Various of these positions become permanent opportunities, and if not, with the training and experienced gain you can with confidence apply for a job at an optometric practice.
Most of the internships provided are for a period of either 3, 6 or 12 months.
Interested Candidates must be:
- You must be willing to work in a retail environment, including mall hours & weekend work. This will, however, differ and depend on the practice you get placed.
- You must be friendly and enjoy to work with people.
- You must have great all-round communication skills.
- You must have high ethical values.
- You must have high energy
- You must be a responsible individual who takes this opportunity seriously.
- You must have your own transport or in the position to arrange the necessary transportation.
- Willing to pay and complete the training provided by the Eye Learn training institute.
The Eye Learn Internship program is available to candidates who show passion for people from all walks of life and who enjoy enhancing people’s lives.
The application is subject to approval.
Successful candidates will be exposed to the following during training:
- General skills
- Basic Financial skills
- Primary Optometry – terms, equipment, lenses, coatings
- Boddy Language and EQ
- Frame Selection
- Basic Dispensing and Adjustments and Repairs
- Administrative duties
- Customer Care
- PR Skills
- Confidence to work in an optometric practice
- Paid Internship
- Much more
Successful candidates may be exposed to the following during their internship:
- Day to day duties in an optometric practice
- Frame selection process
- Invoicing and administrative tasks
- Contact with customers in person and telephonically
- Stock Control
- Orders and other procedures
- Much more
After the completion of the internship programme, the practice may offer the intern a permanent position; for a nominal fee. If for whatever reason you do not permanently employ the intern, we will assist them to apply for positions at suitable practices.
Find out more about Eye Recruit